need help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by confused.kid92, Mar 7, 2012.

1. confused.kid92 macrumors newbie

im new here, i need help with an iphone 3g 16gb
    this phone belongs to my cousin apparently its unlocked so im assuming its jailbroken but he doesnt know the firmware or anything besides that
    now the problem with his phone is its stuck on the screen where it says connect to itunes but it doesnt restore on itunes i tried using tinyumbrella to kick it out of the restore screen i tried putting it in dfu mode and restoring it through itunes and with a ispw made by snowbreeze still nothing it keeps failing or getting an error or just getting stuck when its almost done restoring i honestly have no idea what else to do with this phone so if you guys have any ideas please help

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like he unlocked it using the ipad baseband. That's why it will never restore with any official ipsw's with itunes.
    You need to create a custom 4.2.1 and then put the iphone in "pwned" DFU mode.
    Then restore it selecting that custom JB ipsw.
    Most likelly you will have to flash the ipad baseband again since its probably in inconsistent state when you tried restore to stock firmware.

3. confused.kid92 thread starter macrumors newbie

i did i made one with snowbreeze but i keep getting the same errors and twice i didnt get an error but it never finishes loading i noticed that the loading bar on the iphone darkens when it freezes and it just stays there

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Very important step I mentioned above.
    You need to put your iphone in Pwned DFU mode before trying to restore to the custom ipsw.
    If you didnt do that and just opened itunes and selected the ipsw then it will not work.

5. confused.kid92 thread starter macrumors newbie

how exactly do i do that? snowbreeze gives me instructions after creating the ispw it says its in dfu but pwned im not exactly sure about that

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can use snowbreeze or Redsnow to enter Pwned DFU mode.
    Try redsnow. You can find the files you need on this tutorial.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12949

7. confused.kid92 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks now that i think im closer to fixing this thing itunes keeps telling me iphone software update server could not be contacted

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    It might be cause 5.1 just hit itunes and their update servers might be getting slammed with everyone trying to download and install the latest 5.1 software.
    I'd try again later.

9. confused.kid92 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok itunes is fine again but redsnow just suddenly closes outta nowhere when fetching the ipad baseband

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Dont do that yet.
    First put it in pwned dfu mode and restore to the custom ipsw with itunes.
    Then once you're done restoring and phone turns on then install the ipad baseband.
    One thing at a time.

11. confused.kid92 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok just did it and it looked like it was working but then i got the "the iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occured (9)" screen ughhh

EDIT**
    also now when i turn it on i get a snowbreeze icon instead of apple and then it just goes to a white screen

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird, try it again by entering pwned DFU mode first and restoring to the custom ipsw.
    It might also be hardware issue causing that, never know.

13. confused.kid92 thread starter macrumors newbie

i just tried again same thing in a different usb port but now i get the same error message only 1600 this time

14. confused.kid92 thread starter macrumors newbie

well im telling my cousin its a hardware issue cause i see no solution to this anymore hopefully he can get his money back