Need Helps... Mac G4 flat panel cannot boot from Install CD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kevinkawei, Feb 24, 2008.

1. kevinkawei macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Flat panel G4 cannot boot from the CD, screen keep showing the kernel panic when it start reading the CD, but i can boot from external hardisk, i have a problem to install OS. The CD drive is not spoilt, tried to use external CD drive to install OS, same problem occurred again. Please kindly advise me what to do.

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

3. kevinkawei thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, tried to repair the hardisk but no errors ... its only happened when i boot from cd, tried use another external cd reader but when it start reading cd, the kernel panic message appeared and hang.... tried to install os in another mac and put the hardisk back also doesn't work...the only way is to boot from firewire hardisk...then all back to normal... all hardware are working.. including airportcard....

4. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

You may have a dead HD, Could also be Memory. Try & pull the memory & re-seat it.
    The fact that you can start it with a External HD leads me to think that the HD has given up the ghost.
    Any recent HD crashes?
    Power Outages?
    Ever replace the pram battery, Longshot, but it can make startup a problem also.
    Good Luck