Need ID on an app (Menu bar on click/key press)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by insular, Apr 14, 2007.

1. insular macrumors newbie

Looking for an App that allows you to assign a keyboard shortcut (or combine a key modifier with right click) and bring up the Apple Bar menu (File, Edit, View etc.) as a popup context menu (like when you right click on something and you get that popup menu).

I remember coming across this (unless I'm dreaming) but have no idea what it was called or whether it was part of some other program.

Reason I ask is that I use Menufela to hide my Menu bar and I run dual display with the fall off edge at the top where the Apple menu is/was. This makes it difficult to get the Apple menu to popup when I want it to as I only have one or two pixels of precision to make this happen.

I could assign a keyboard shortcut to show/hide the menu but would prefer it to be at my fingertips as I hate having to scroll the mouse around from my second desktop back to the first to get something from the menu.

Hope it all makes sense :)

2. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

I'm not sure whether that fits your needs, but Quicksilver can do this and much more. You can also set keyboard shortcut for most menu items through Apple's Keyboard preferences (in the system preferences).

3. insular thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers for the reply Vinnie but it's not what I'm after. I found the 'User Interface' plugin of QS to be what I'm after but I want that in a mouse right clck context menu version!

ie. Saying I'm in MS Word and I want to insert a table, I want to be able to right click somewhere or press a key sequence (or a combination of both) and get a popup menu with:

File >
    Edit >
    View >
    Insert >
    Format >
    Font >
    Tools >
    Table >
    Work >
    Window >
    Help >

Hopefully it's out there, as I know I've done it before with Windows but I'm not 100% sure if I've seen it on the Mac.

This would benefit all people with big monitors and dual display setups as they can have everything at their fingertips and not have to go back to the menu bar to access stuff that doesn't have keyboard shortcuts!

4. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

5. insular thread starter macrumors newbie

FruitMenu doesn't do it, but DejaMenu does!

Someone linked me on another site and I recommend you give it a go!

[​IMG]