Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Alright, so I have been given the family's car since 1993.

It is a Safari Minivan with 150k miles on it, it's all wheel drive, and the interior and everything was custom and upgraded and is super comfortable.

It's got mood lights, the chairs fold into a bed electrically by a switch but that is currently broken, and it has an old TV in it that doesn't get a signal of course but it never really worked in the first place.

Besides fixing the chairs, what else could I do to my van to upgrade it? I was thinking of putting a new sound system in and getting the TV to work but I don't know how well a TV would work in a moving car on the highway, ya know? Anyone do it before?

I love this car and it is beautiful. :) I don't want to upgrade how it looks, but just make it functional as all can be in the inside and make it kind of like a fun car. :)

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I was going to say quad exhaust pipe and add some 19' performance tires....

maybe do a new professional paint job

consider polishing the car in case you don't do the paint job or both ;)

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
It is a Safari Minivan with 150k miles on it, it's all wheel drive, and the interior and everything was custom and upgraded and is super comfortable.

It's got mood lights, the chairs fold into a bed electrically by a switch but that is currently broken, and it has an old TV in it that doesn't get a signal of course but it never really worked in the first place.

Take these lines, copy and past them to eBay, ask $3000 for it and then go buy a car that shouldn't have free candy written on the side of it. ;)

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Haha I actually loled at your post renewed.. :D

Yeah a lot of people say that about it, but I love the thing. My ex absolutely hated it to death and didn't know why I was so obsessive about keeping it clean and taken care of.

Mexbearpig

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Here
-Drop it low
-Add hydraulics
-Paint some flames
-Throw some bass in
-Strap a huge muffler on it

Mission accoplished!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.