Need imac software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Coombas, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Coombas macrumors newbie

Hi, I recently acquired a imac G4, and Ive been trying to restore the system so I could sell it on ebay. Since it was bought from a friend, I dont have any of the necessary discs to restore it. I was wondering if anybody here knew where i could get ahold of these discs and which discs i need. I do have the 10.3 software, just not the restore discs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. johto macrumors 6502

johto

What do you mean by "10.3 software" ? Do you have the 10.3 installation disk or not? If yes, thats your "restore".

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

You can obtain a set of replacement restore disks by calling Apple and telling them you need to get a set of "fulfillment" disks (as they apparently call the restore disks that ship with each computer). They will ask for the serial number of the machine to insure they get the right revision of the disks, and then will ship you replacements for a moderate cost. I recently got replacements for the two disk set that shipped with my G5 PowerMac and the cost was $32 including shipping.

Note that they will be identical to the originals, so if yours shipped with 10.3 originally that is what will be on the duplicates you get from them.

4. Coombas thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean i have the install discs for panther, but when i try to install, it says that its not possible due to the fact that there is a more updated version already installed.