Need Image Gallery where people can Register for use

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Bethany-Wings, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Bethany-Wings macrumors member

Bethany-Wings

The one I seem to like the best is this Pixaria. However, it's almost $200 US to buy. I'm Canadian, and I don't HAVE that sort of cash!

Well, I'm trying to find a good php code that I can customize, that I can use for my own website for multiple users (like deviantart), and that I can use without worry of copyright infringements.

Help please! And...please sat they're free, because I have NOTHING coming in, right now.

2. torndownunit macrumors regular

Someone here will likely have more info than I do, but wouldn't one of the CMS systems have this feature? Some of them are free (like joomla). Others are included free with web hosting a lot of times.

3. Bethany-Wings thread starter macrumors member

Bethany-Wings

My webhost is hostgator, and though they DO include some php image stuff, it isn't the kind I can put on a website so a user can upload images to their own gallery.

I need something I can add onto my website. You can see what I have of it so far here. KoinoniArt

Please help! I need something there. Oh! And, can anyone tell me where I can find PHP for the newest images for the 'new art' feature on the front page? And a php for getting users?

4. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

5. Bethany-Wings thread starter macrumors member

Bethany-Wings

Wordpress doesn't want to work on my server, and I know it well enough that it's not going to be what I want. I just want something simple. A php for user registration, a php for an art gallery (I want it to be like deviantart's where it has a small thumbnail and an "add to favourites" button), a php for a blog to one side of the page, and something for comments on the page. That's all I want! I can't find anything simple enough to use, and nothing is free!

Does anyone know anything where I can get these phps? Or can someone tell me who I can talk to about this? Help? PLEASE!

6. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

might have to hand write them...sounds a little more customized then usual.