Need Immediate Help!!!! Ram

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Architect4122, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Architect4122 macrumors regular

I just received my Crucial 4gb mem kit.

I popped it in, put everything back together...pressed the power button...NOTHING. The chime went off, but black screen, then every 5 secs or so the front light blinked 3 times.

I was pissed so I took it out and installed the stock (Samsung FTW) ram.

pressed the power button.

SAME THING!!!!! I CAN'T USE MY COMPUTER OR GET IT TO TURN ON!!!!!!

WHAT DO I DO!??!?!?!

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

First stop with the caps because that is annoying. 2nd, make sure the ram isnt backwards and that the RAM door is fully closed.

Then take out your battery and press the power button and hold it for about 2-3 secs. Then put your battery in and power on as normal. Enjoy your 4 gig of ram =).

3. Architect4122 thread starter macrumors regular

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

also make sure that your RAM is all the way in, you really have to force it.

5. Architect4122 thread starter macrumors regular

it is, i made sure of that before i closed everything up.

6. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Hmm, try once again with the old RAM in the computer. Close the RAM door take out the battery (And disconnect power.) and hold the power button for 2-3 secounds... you can push it as much as you want to make sure power in the computer is drained. Then put the battery back in power the computer back on and see if it turn's on, if it does chances are you have some bad RAM or the wrong kind. Now if the computer does turn on with ure old stick of RAM do this just to test.

1. assuming you have 2 2 gig sticks put one in and not the other, and then vica versa, if one boots and one dosent you know your problem. Doing the battery procedure above each time you play with the ram sticks.

-Diseal3

7. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Also, while using only one module, alternate the slots, i.e. put it only on the top one, then try the bottom one.