Need iMovie HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AMVmovieMAKER, Jul 18, 2008.

1. AMVmovieMAKER macrumors newbie

Okay, so I made an AMV and when I uploaded it to youtube it upload 16 minutes when my vid is only about 7 minutes. WHAT DO I DO???? **Crys in frustration**

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I'm crying too cuz I don't understand what your saying.

It TOOK 16mins to upload? (could happen, internet speed, youtube servers, needs to compress it first which usually takes the longest, etc)
    It's 16mins long when played now? (are you sure your uploaded right movie, i.e. edited project versus actual movie file)

3. AMVmovieMAKER thread starter macrumors newbie

No, the movie itself is about 7minutes long, but when I uploaded it to youtube it uploaded to about 16 minutes. That is 7minutes of the video and 9 minutes of black screen adding up to the 16 minutes.

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Did you try it again? Double check everything. I have noticed that sometimes youtube or the youtube compression or for that matter the displaying of it, the sound is off. It might be on youtube's side, but I would say step back, run through it again. Watch the move, make sure it's the way you want it, then do the 'share -> media browser' first. Then make sure it's still 7mins the way it's supposed to be. Then publish to youtube see if that makes a difference.

5. AMVmovieMAKER thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I figured it out by playing around with it. For some reason it added a 9 minute black screen that I deleted in the thumbnail view. ^_^ It's all fixed now! ^_^

6. thecoolk macrumors newbie

ah....how did you upload?

i made a little animation on iMovie and i really want to upload it on to youtube but i have NO IDEA how to do it. i've changed extension to .AMV, .MPG etc. but when i do that, the file turns into a "folder" literally. can someone help me? btw, as you may have noticed, i am a youtube newbie. thanks. :confused: