need important answer to solve iPhone bluetooth problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by saladiro, Dec 28, 2008.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

ok...I like that the iPhone has bluetooth, but is there a bluetooth device out there that, when you turn it on, it turns blue tooth on in the iPhone? I just see it as an inconvenience to turn blue tooth on every time, lets say you jump in your car for a quick drive....it can really be a pain turning it on and off. What do you guys do?

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

The bluetooth on my iPhone is always turned on during work hours, pretty much when I'm back at home that's the only time I turn it off - doesn't really heavily affect the battery so I'm ok with that set-up. But I haven't seen any bluetooth device for the iPhone that you're referring at.

3. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

tks.....so blue tooth does not drain battery life? I have heard some rumors that it is a major drainer along with Wifi....

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I start a day with a fully charged iPhone 3G, with Wifi, 3G, Bluetooth, and Push on my two Yahoo! e-mail accounts. By the end of the day I still get a good 25% or more, and I only use my iPhone for like a 10-20mins browsing on Safari, listen to iPod for up to 30mins, text rarely, call around 10 people on average per day. So I'd say it's decent, considering that's my usage when weekdays at work.

These are based on my personal usage on my iPhone, I don't know about the rumors you're talking about. Keep in mind, wifi is turned off when your iPhone is locked.