need info on Orange Micro SCSI-Firewire converter

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by roddenberry, Jan 25, 2009.

1. roddenberry macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I need a bit of info on a device I found in a box of surplus stock... it's an Orange Micro SCSI to Firewire (IEEE1394) model 70HTL00010 - Standard 25-pin SCSI female connector to standard Firewire 6-pin female connector.

I discovered that Orange Micro went belly up a few years ago, and I don't have the instruction manual for the device. There seems to be very little concrete info on the web about that device. What I specifically need to know is the voltage of the power adapter (missing) of this device. From what I gathered, it can run without the adapter, but some SCSI devices will require it...

Any link to a PDF file or just the voltage of the adapter would be very helpful! I was thinking of trying to run a nice SCSI slide scanner through the Firewire port of my G5 with that converter...:eek:

- Thanks

Robert

2. kazoonuke macrumors newbie

Reply for info on Orange Micro SCSI-firewire converter

Hi ,
    I have a exact model, new in the box. The power adaptor has the following specs: Input: 120VAC 60 Hz 0.1A MAX
    Output: VDC 500mA

I also have original CD with installer software and User's manual.
    I can send a copy of them to you if you wish.
    I hope this helps.

Mark

3. stambler macrumors newbie

interested in buying the SCSI Firewire converter

Hey there,

I just found your thread - I'm about to get an old UMAX scanner and I'm trying to figure a way to connect the scsi port to OSX.

Any chance that you would be interested in selling one of your Orange Converter cables to me? My email is stambler (at) telus.net - just change the (at) to @ and have no spaces.

Regards,

David Stambler
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

4. SCSI Cat macrumors newbie

Me too!

kazoonuke, can you, or someone please send me a copy?

5. arthurschneider macrumors newbie

Interest to a CD copy in the SCSI converter

Dear Mark,

please send also to me a copy of the CD with installer software and User's manual.

Thank you,

Arthur

6. jonconkey macrumors newbie

Sorry, but I need the software too

Hi, I have the Orange Micro SCSI-Firewire converter, but my cd got snapped in 2 while moving house. Could someone send me the software please?

7. weckart macrumors 68040

The software is really only for OS9. The hardware is supported under OSX.

8. jonconkey macrumors newbie

Now for the power supply

Thanks for the answer to the previous question.

I think I also need the power supply and want to confirm its specs.

I can see from the internet that it is an AC to 9V DC 500mA positive tip, but what size is the tip? The hole seems to be a similar size to the one for my Ratoc FR1SX power supply which has a 4.0 x 1.7 mm Tip. Is the orange one the same?

This is infuriating! My FR1SX worked perfectly for a whole day with my Imacon 848 scanner on my new iMac & now won't work at all. I've read posts on the net from people with the same problem but no solution. I'm on the correct firmware & Hasselblad scanning software, but now have to try my old Orange converter.

Thanks for helping keep me sane :)

9. Lharding macrumors newbie

Advice

Mark,

I just purchased one of these, and have a couple of questions.

Could you please email me off line at Lharding@actionlink.com ?

Thanks,

Linden

Troy MI

10. NielsAhlberg macrumors newbie

Hi Kazoonuke,

Do you still have a copy of the Micro Orange firewire scsi installer. I would be very pleased to hava a copy.

Please send a link to
    niels.ahlberg@newstylegen.com

Niels

11. kazoonuke macrumors newbie

Hi if there is anyone out there needs the software or manuals for the Orange Micro SCSI-Firewire converter I can email it to you. Just leave you email address. I still have it.

12. cr8tive1 macrumors newbie

Hello, I realize this is two years after-the-fact, but if you happen to still have the Orange Converter Installer v1.2, I would really appreciate a copy, as my disc was discovered cracked, much to my disappointment and frustration. rwessel@me.com
    --- Post Merged, Jun 29, 2016 ---
    Oh, and I would appreciate both the Mac and Windows installers, please. Thank you.