Need Information off Locked Iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cdragg, Nov 12, 2010.

1. cdragg macrumors newbie

Hello all,

First off I didn't steal my iphone, changed the passcode at work and had a stressful day and forgot the new one passcode, thought I keyed in 1010. Bigger problem than that I have never sync my iphone to my computer and I have had it for seven months needless to say I have alot of pictures/videos/phone numbers on the phone that I don't want to lose.

I know that I can put the phone into restore mode by syncing it and holding down for ten seconds and presto new phone, watched all of the videos and read some threads here.

But I want the pics and stuff is there a way to get all of this information off my phone or is my information just lost. I really dont want to just restore it because I have tons of photos/vid of my sixteen month old son on it and its all I have of him (I know that I am a complete dumb### for not sync the phone).

Is there a service I can get to do it? I don't care what I pay to have it done. I live in OK, USA.

Please any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Chris

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

IF you have a Mac, I just verified that the Mac-only program Phone View appears allow you to view and pull the camera roll and contacts from a passcoded phone while it's still locked--at least, it worked with an iPhone 4. I didn't try to get anything else, but if those two work, most other critical stuff probably will too. There is a similar program for Windows listed in the FAQ section of Phone View's site that may be capable of the same thing.

ITunes tried to sync the phone even though it was locked as well; for various reasons I didn't want to do that, so I didn't fully test it, but it appears as though you may be able to do that, or to back it up and then restore from that backup. I've had iTunes mess up backups and even just lose media during the sync process, so I tend to turn to Phone View first.

A deeper search of this forum should bring up a couple of possibilities along these lines; I know there was someone else with a similar issue not all that long ago.

Good luck and do post how it turns out.

3. cdragg thread starter macrumors newbie

I just feel so stupid!!! I am going to a cell repair shop first in the morning as I don't have a mac and I am not real good with computers. Just feel like shooting myself........ There has to be a way to get this information, if an eight year old can hack a gov't site then apple cant be this hard.

Thanks,

Looks like it going to be a tough nut to crack.

Chris

4. IrishVixen, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Another option: google iPhone Explorer. It's a similar program for Mac and PC, it's free, and they say it can copy pics from the phone. I don't know if it works with a passcoded phone, but since it costs you nothing but a few minutes, it's worth a try. All these programs are drag and drop; if you can copy and paste, you can use them.

Hang in there, we all do stupid stuff.

5. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

I believe connecting the iPhone to the last computer it was sync'ed with allow you to synchronize. I don't think it matters whether or not it was synced since you changed the code.

You should then be able to pull images and such off the phone.

Lemme try.

OK, I can confirm that I can sync my locked iPhone4 without needing to enter the passcode (since the phone was previously synced w/ that computer). The phone showed up in Windows Explorer and all the photos in the Camera Roll were there.

I think you can use i-Funbox or another iPhone file browser program to read the internal file structure as well (complete file structure if jailbroken, photos/etc if not).

6. cdragg thread starter macrumors newbie

Well my life officially sucks, went to Cell Repair store, yes was waiting for him to show up. He was no help and sent me on my way, then I went to At&T and they said we can reboot, well duhh. I now have a appointment with the Apple store techs in 3 hours.

I downloaded I-funbox, and I explorer they are great programs but didn't help they could find the device while they were searching.

I just can't believe that apple won't be able to get the information off of the phone. there is no way they created a device that is frozen forever.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

if you could provide the name of the program for windows that you are talking about that would be helpful. I cant find what or where you are talking about. Thanks!

8. cdragg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to all,

After Apple exhasted all efforts they couldn't get it open, even with me waving money in there face.

So I have to start all over, atleast I sent alot of stuff to people via text and email.

Thanks everyone again,

Chris