Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmeehan25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2015
My Galaxy S4 has been letting me down lately and I'm thinking of getting an iphone 6 or 6 plus. If anybody made the transition can you tell me how the battery life is? Thank you

ruehl10014

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2015
I recently switched from an (SKT) Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A to an iPhone 6 Plus. Prior to the S4 LTE-A, I used an iPhone 4S. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED my S4 LTE-A, the LTE was super fast, and battery life was great until after a year of use. Then, it just didn't hold a charge that long. I LOVE my current iPhone 6 Plus as well. The battery life is unlike any other device I have ever used. I can get through a full day of heavy use and still have 10-20% of battery left. There are some things that I miss from the S4; however, the iPhone 6 Plus is a welcome change. If you are thinking about changing it up and going to iOS, I say go for it. I am glad that I did. I have been using Apple products for years, Macs, iPads, iPods, and iPhones. I welcomed the change to Android, it was a great experience. I think that going to iOS is a nice way to keep things fresh. I would have enjoyed a Galaxy Note 4, however, I think it wouldn't have been too much of a change to excite me since the interface of the S4 and Note 4 is very similar.

If you are debating between an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, get the Plus. One reason is better battery life. The other is the screen. Right before I went to the 6 Plus, I used a 5S for 2 months. It was VERY difficult to go from a 5 in S4 to a 4in 5S. Yes the 6 is a bigger 4.7 inches, but it is very difficult to revert to a smaller screen. Get the 5.5 in 6 Plus.

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
I didn't really make a transition rather, I own a S4 as well as an iPhone 6. Two evident changes I noticed are

1) Battery life on my S4 is longer than my iPhone 6
2) It takes way less time to charge the S4 as compared to iPhone 6

Having said that, I have a few justifications in favour of iPhone 6's battery. While it is indeed true that the 6's battery discharges faster than the S4, it doesn't die on me mid-day. An above moderate use may take the levels from 100% at 7:00 in the morning to 30% by 7:30 in the evening (as compared to 100% to 65% for S4 on a typical day), but I have always had enough battery left till the end of the day which is more than okay for me because I would (and I must) anyway plug-in my device before going to sleep - whether its at 65% or 30% to have an uninterrupted use the next weekday/weekend.

If battery life is your concern & if you are used-to/don't mind using a larger screen then the iPhone 6 Plus won't disappoint you (or even S5 users in that matter) at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.