Need iPad solution to with reminders to replace my current database

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lightmyway, Mar 6, 2011.

1. lightmyway macrumors member

Jan 11, 2007
    For my business, I currently use Microsoft Word to keep up with my sales calls. I have a separate .doc file for each customer, and use Office Notifications to give me a pop-up reminder when I need to follow-up with a customer.

This system has worked great for years, but as my contact list grows it is becoming increasingly clunky. Spotlight is also having a hard time finding files (I have no idea why), so I have to look manually in Finder.

I would love to buy an iPad and have a system that syncs with the cloud where I could use either my MacBook, iPhone, or iPad to access, search, and edit these contacts, along with a way to set reminders/notifications to follow up. But I can't find ANY app that does this. Bento, Filemaker, and Salesforce all have HORRIBLE reviews, and don't do what I've outlined.

Any ideas? I even thought of using Google Docs, but there is no reminder system/tie to Google Calendar.
  2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Jul 17, 2008
    Sounds like what you need is a task management app, like ToDo, Omnifocus, SmartPad, Pocket Informant... There's a ton of them in the app store, with a vast variety of features.