Need iPhone 3.0 HELP URGENT PLEASE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abyssgh0st, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Okay, so I got my developer code today, downloaded the SDK and beta 2. So I instinctively restored 3.0b2 onto my iPhone 3G, and of course I failed to get the UDID before I did.

So what do I do to get the UDID registered in the Developer Portal so I can use my phone again?

Right now I have tried restoring to multiple builds, but nothing is working.

2. Dan in PA macrumors regular

So if I read correctly, you forgot to nab the UDID before installing the beta...

Go to :apple:>About this mac>More info>Hardware>USB>iPhone. The serial number shown is your UDID.

3. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I just tried this, and it said "Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)" and the serial number given was not the UDID.

Is there any way I can restore to another IPSW so I can find out my UDID?

4. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Your serial number is not your UDID. When in iTunes, click on your serial number and your UDID will appear.

5. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

That does not work, it gives me the IMEI.

This is how it happened.

1. Restored and put 3.0b2 on there.
    2. It went all multi-linguist emergency call, which then I irrationally put the phone into DFU and loaded some old firmware I had.
    3. Unfortunately, after that I realized I could get the UDID even though it was broken 3.0b2, so now I am trying to re-do 3.0b2 on there, and hopefully it will get it back on there.

If so, I'll never be so happy to see the flashing emergency screen.

6. Dan in PA macrumors regular

No, but in system profiler, my "serial number" matched the UDID displayed in iTunes...and if his iPhone is in recovery mode from installing the beta, can he still access the iPhone window in iTunes to view the UDID?

7. puliaficoc20 Guest

when you have the iphone plugged in open the sdk and open the organizer screen and click on your iphone and the the number will be there. I had the same problem. I wasnt sure what I was doing and I couldnt use my iphone for 2 days

8. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

FINALLY got it working with all my stuff synced back on.

I went 3.0b2 again, (Was a real pain, kept failing to restore, and computer wouldn't recognize the device AT ALL, so I had to go buy a USB hub.)

And the about my mac, etc etc thing worked.

Thanks a bunch guys!