Need iPhone access

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by docleroux, Jun 13, 2011.

1. docleroux macrumors newbie

I had someone ask me to remove their husband's password from an iphone. I have access to the computer the phone syncs to and have jailbroken the iphone using redsn0w. I initially tried to remove the password on my computer but using disk aid I cannot connect to the iphone without unlocking it. I have also tried to ssh but cannot as open ssh is not installed and I cannot get it installed from my computer. Please point me in the direction of already posted information or give me a step by step guide to remove the passcode. I would prefer to do it on my computer but like I said, I have access to the computer the iphone was synced with. I have to emphasize that it is extremely important to keep all data. The person this iphone beloongs to passed away 2 weeks ago and the wife is wanting pictures and texts to hold onto as memories. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can't remove the password. It'd be best if the wife took it to apple with the death certificate; they might be able to help.

3. docleroux thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems a group of Germans have different thoughts about removing the password or at least gaining access to the password list. I also disagree about the password being able to be removed as I have done it on my own iPhone 4. The only problem I am running into is I cannot connect to disk aid without unlocking the phone on my computer. I don't mind removing the password at their house on the computer the iPhone was synced with, it would just be easier to do in the comfort of my own home. The wife already tried taking it to the apple store. I think she had the receipt with her, not sure about the death certificate as I do not know how long it takes to get it. She told me the apple store basically said nothing could be done. I realize people are looking for info to restore stolen idevices. If the device were stolen I would enter DFU and restore. This is definitely not the case. Thanks for your time.

4. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Death certificates take up to a month to be mailed out.

5. RobMoss macrumors regular

You do realise that now you've JB'ed the phone, Apple probably won't help you...