need iphone advice (concerns 3g)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcpshortbus, May 16, 2008.

1. pcpshortbus macrumors member

ok so i have an iphone that i purchased from one of my friends for 200 dollars. all the hype about the new second generation iphone coming up and the thread concerning whether or not to sell the current iphone to purchase the new one caught my interest. i guess my real questions are what is the new iphone going to cost? is it going to completely blow the current iphone away? how much can i expect to sell mines for (its 8gb)? im not sure if its the right move, or the right time to make the move. i guess id be trying to sell it on craigs list and i could unlock it to bring the price up a bit more. any and all help is appreciated. btw i did search the forums about this, but most things were a little bit hazy concerning the new iphone and im just hoping that someone can help me out with some concrete info. thanks a lot.

2. bstpierre macrumors 6502

Good job summarizing all the questions that everybody has but no one has concrete answers for! You shoud be able to get some opinions but you already saw all those in the other posts.

3. pcpshortbus thread starter macrumors member

hah so everythings just speculation right now? not even a price range or general release date?

4. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

That is correct.

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Best guess is 8GB will be $399, 16GB $499. Rumors swirl about $200 cuts for signing 2-year contract with AT&T. At the least, they will be announced at WWDC in about 3 weeks. It's likely they will be actually sold in the month of June.

Of course this is all speculation so take it with many grains o' salt.

6. pcpshortbus thread starter macrumors member

but then again how long has apple kept us waiting on the sdk. for all we know the 3g iphone could be coming out in 6 months, no?

7. pcpshortbus thread starter macrumors member

i really dont know that much about it, so this might be dumb, but once sdk comes out and the 2.0 upgrade comes out will the iphone be the same as the new iphone except for the 3g ability? wont pretty much anything be possible through the app store bc i know with installer app you can get a video recorder, aim, etc. so im sure that anything that comes out on the new iphone will be able to be reproduced (or close to it) through apps created or no?

8. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    well.. again that depends on what is released. For example, if the new iphone has GPS that can't be reproduced. Right now the components of the new iphone are PURE speculation. We can only hope for the best! :)