Need iPhone Screen Projected

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ubercool, Dec 5, 2008.

1. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

I know that Apple sells a component cable to allow you to play audio and video from the iPhone on outside devices, but, like Steve Jobs, I need to be able to project iPhone screens on a projector to an audience.

I would like to find someone who can modify an iPhone to make it output to a VGA-capable projector. Let me know if you can do it, or know of someone who might be able to perform such a task.

Thanks! :)

2. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

My projector has VGA, Component, and composite inputs, and it's at least 3-4 years old.... I plug in my iPhone through the composite.

Apple makes a cable for both component and composite output; does your projector have neither of these inputs?

3. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

i'm looking at the projector in my classroom right now (and not paying attention to class). it looks like its from the 80's and weighs 75 lbs, but it has component and composite inputs

4. ubercool thread starter macrumors 6502a

ubercool

I know that Apple makes video output cables for the iPhone to connect it to projectors but you should know that it *only* works for outputting audio and video (iPod). I *does not* work for showing apps, interacting with the GUI or anything else.

I have spoken to a number of app developers and all of them acknowledge that there is no existing solution.

5. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

You could have made it a little clearer in your initial post that you meant video out for 3rd party applications.... :p

Here is one of several threads about the developments in this area. Lets hope Erica will keep working on it....

6. ubercool thread starter macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Hm, only works in horizontal mode, that won't do. I need to be able to show apps and GUIs in vertical mode primarily. :(

7. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

What timing.....

Check this out.

Motochaser on the big screen!

8. macfan09 macrumors member

hey did u miss this story?

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/12/05/outputting-iphone-apps-to-a-tv-moto-chaser-demo/

Looks like it's 'coming to an iPhone near you' lol ;)

9. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

10. ubercool thread starter macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Hehe, he couldn't see the forest for the links! :D