Need it urgently. Will Apple Care replace my 15" MBP 2010?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by huythanhv2, Oct 23, 2012.

1. huythanhv2 macrumors regular

Hi all, my laptop is suffering from this http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4088

It happens more and more to the point it's unbearable to work. It also has the problem that 1 USB port seems to stop working time to time.

I did a few search and it seems it's gonna take few days to a week for them to replace the motherboard. But I need it urgently to meet a work deadline.

What's your thought? Can I politely ask them for a replacement on the spot?

2. lcseds macrumors 6502a

You can ask them anything. Did you purchase Applecare? I can't imagine them handing you a 2 year newer model when yours can be repaired, but it never hurts to ask.

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Chances are they'll need to send it out for repairs, but when you take it in, explain your situation. Be polite and tell them why you need it back quickly. It's not going to hurt to try, but be prepared that it might not work and you may be without it for a little while.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It's rare for Apple to replace a machine without going through several repairs first (for the same problem). However, if the parts are hard to get and you can talk to a sympathetic rep who has the power to affect the situation, it's possible. Only Apple can make that call, of course.

jW

5. harry454 macrumors 6502

Yeah you can actually ask for an in home repair rep to come and do it for you at your house. As well you can try asking to speak to senior staff as well as Apple Customer Relations and see what they say.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

On Site Service is not available for portables, only desktops (and even then not on the Mac Mini, IIRC). That's not what the OP was looking for anyways.

jW

7. huythanhv2 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your opinion. Really appreciate it.

Yes I have Apple Care.

I wouldn't mind if they replace it with the same year model, I just need a Mac to work with.

Anyway, I will try to explain my situation. Will post back how it goes.

Thanks again.