Need Itunes to play video recorded with Iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jayman34187, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

I deleted Itunes off my Computer/ I don't like the automatic syncs that take place when I plug my phone in the USB to charge... If I don't choose to Sync it should not sync automatically, this is my phone not yours Apple. I need quicktime player to play videos I recorded on my Iphone but I need to download Itunes for it to work? LOL, why does apple want me to have itunes so badly so it can take over my phone and messy up my day? not happening.. Can't watch videos that I recorded on my iphone? it keeps getting better/ I already knew I switching to an Android but Apple keep proving to me time and time again get an Android. :)

So what is up with this whole I need Itunes to play a video..

2. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

You know you could have clicked dont' autosync with itunes when you plug it in.

3. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

You can set iTunes to only do what you want, when you want it. This goes for syncing, and also for deciding on whether to update firmware as well.

What are you going to do if your phone needs to be restored as new and you no longer have your music library?

Do as the previous poster said and just check off the box that says Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically. All done.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

a screenshot can say a thousand words lol - this will stop itunes popping up each time and stop any auto syncing.

as for transfering video to computer.... what operating system?

windows - you can access the camera roll via windows explorer and drag and drop to where you want

MAC - I believe iPhoto would export your video to your mac... someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

you don't need quicktime to play videos on your computer, theres VLC which should play the videos no problem