Need Iweb Help- literally

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by manyrains1, Nov 10, 2010.

1. manyrains1 macrumors newbie

Just upgraded from Tiger to Snow leopard a few days ago with Mac Box set. Trying to work in Iweb for first time. The documentation in the Help section is missing. I get the menu, selections, but opens to a blank page, or says 'can't open that page". Anyone know what's wrong here?

If anyone wants to answer this before I can look it up in Help- how do you edit the text inside the navigation bar? I assume I ought to be able to make it smaller so all the words fit on one line, no?
    Thanks

2. crypticlineage macrumors regular

You cannot edit the navitation bar in iweb09. However, you can have the inspector remove all pages from navigation and then build your own navigation bar by typing in a text box and then assigning links to each page.

3. manyrains1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for quick reply. That's why I see lots of tutorials for building custom menu bars I guess. I ignored them, not being that important for the site I'm building. Guess maybe i will build a cooler one... Thanks

4. manyrains1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Need Iweb Help, literally

I posted yesterday in basic help forum that I just installed Snow Leopard with Mac Box set (upgrade from Tiger). Working with Iweb for first time. There is no documentation in the Iweb help section,i.e. it will either open to a page with nothing on it, or say can't open page after searching for help topic. Wondering how to find this? Haven't gotten any response in that forum.

So, I need to ask some questions that I would look in help before posting, but....
    1. How do you add a link? I see the add hyperlink command, but the choices are greyed out. First thing I'm trying to do is build custom menu bar. How to add links to pages?

2. I'm not seeing how to get objects to have alignment lines that extend out of them to line up with other objects. It shows this on tutorial video, but
    not happening for me

3. Is there a way to "snap objects to a grid" for alignment?

Thanks

5. manyrains1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Iweb Help please

I'm trying to get some help using Iweb, as I have no documentation in the help section- it just opens to blank pages or says page not available. (I just upgraded from Tiger to Snow Leopard with Mac Box set) I posted here earlier and they moved it to Basic help, where I had already posted. I'm not getting much response. I've gotten through most of the basic questions through digging around in Apple support, but I'm having an issue that I'm not finding any written standard discussion on- I've got my web page pretty much set, but when i publish it to the local folder to preview, it's showing screwy stuff- not same as what i have in layout. Sure would appreciate if someone can help, or at least point me to somewhere i can get some help. I'm not real Apple savvy- should I call Apple support for something like this- at least how to find the missing Help section?
    Sorry for long post, sort of frustrated.
    Thanks for any help