Need key logger software for teenagers iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mindquest, Oct 1, 2015.

1. mindquest macrumors regular

Sad to say I need to find a key logger app for OSX to put on my teenagers iMac. Logging and screenshots would be preferred. I did some research but I haven't found anything that seemed trustworthy to put on the iMac.

any help is appreciated!

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I doubt you'll find much help with that here, but you'll probably get a fair amount of unwanted parenting advice.

Just a heads up...

3. campyguy macrumors 68030

Ditto, echoing Darth.Titan's comment. Consider either a subscription to Net Nanny or the free SelfControl app, both have been around for years and years.

4. sevoneone macrumors 6502

There are probably better ways to keep an eye on your kid than a raw key dump. Apple Remote Desktop might be an option, there are ways to se it up to observe the iMac's screen discretely and take screen shots. Apple's own documentation describes things in pretty good detail. Obviously you will need admin access to the iMac.

I'm not a parent myself, but i get it. I'm not even sure how to describe the current generation of teenagers, I find myself questioning whether I want kids because of what you read about. I'm sure (I hope) you've tried every channel of communication and taking away his/her personal privacy is a last resort. Good luck.