Need Keyboard Protector/Cover Recommendations..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DocDoom, Jul 27, 2010.

1. DocDoom macrumors regular

Im looking for a Keyboard protector for my Macbook Pro 13 inch. Anyone have any recommendations? Im leaning towards the Moshi keyboard cover, what do you guys think?

Also, do these keyboard covers touch the Screen when the Macbook pro is closed?

2. gigi11192 macrumors member

I think that's fine,but i will go without a keyboard protector 'cause i can see the beautiful keyboard and backlit

3. vant macrumors 65816

Yes they do touch. It's also important to note that heat naturally rises out of the keyboard area.

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

haven't seen any marks or grease marks on my screen from having the keyboard protector on, and I check every day

5. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

What brand keyboard protector do you have?

6. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

i am also wondering if i should get a moshi keyboard cover. if it touches the screen at all i wont do it.

i am getting the 15" HR AG screen which is more inlaid into the bezel without the glass cover plate. does this make for enough space between the moshi and the screen so it will *never* touch the screen?

7. chrisvee macrumors regular

I got my girlfriend the Moshi keyboard guard because I didn't like the iSkin one she bought herself. The Moshi is much much clearer, and is much easier to type on as opposed to the iSkin. The thing is, like most keyboard skins, it does get dirty after a while, but can be washed and reused.

Go with the Moshi, or yeno buy one of ebay! :p

8. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

Does the screen make contact with the Moshi when its closed?

9. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

10. demonsavatar macrumors regular

I just got the moshi clearguard. It is super thin and doesn't touch the screen at all. It isn't silocone either so it doesn't attract dust. The problem is it doesn't always stay in place. Once in a while I open my MBP and it has escaped (yeah its thin enough to move around while the MBP is closed).

Other than the moving around issue its great! Can barely tell its on there.

I might just get some small pieces of double-sided tape to hold it in place...then problem solved.

Then again if you want to save some money try that $0.99 silicone one suggested by aeboi first. If it sucks no real harm done. The clearguard is ~$20 on Amazon...