Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Please! Someone.... if you could, I need the logo below converted to an adobe illustrator file. I know about Auto Trace, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the actual photoshop image from the background after I've traced over everything. I also can't figure out how to auto trace letters (and not the entire letter, when I do it now, it thinks the middle of closed letters are all one). Anywho, if someone could trace it and refill the letters with the same green, it would be very much appreciated.

I have a larger version if needed.

Attachments

• BurncoatDanceFinal (small).jpg
    BurncoatDanceFinal (small).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 186

iris_failsafe

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
There are many things that you can do. First when you import the image (with Place) click the option that says as Template, that will create a special layer with the image locked and with some transparency. Now you can draw with the pen on top and basically re draw the logo. In my experience is the best way.

If you want to retrace the image open the image on a separate layer and retrace then view the images as outline and deselect the image it should be easy since it will be shown as a square.

Or C get a copy of Adobe Streamline, that program does it for you but unfortunately some "genius" at Adobe stop the development of it. It only works on classic.

Cheers

chaosbunny

macrumors 68020
iris_failsafe said:
Or C get a copy of Adobe Streamline, that program does it for you but unfortunately some "genius" at Adobe stop the development of it. It only works on classic.

Cheers

Not completely true. It is now a feature of Adobe Illustrator CS2. Works much better than the original Streamline and you do not need an additional program.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
iris_failsafe said:
There are many things that you can do. First when you import the image (with Place) click the option that says as Template, that will create a special layer with the image locked and with some transparency. Now you can draw with the pen on top and basically re draw the logo. In my experience is the best way.

If you want to retrace the image open the image on a separate layer and retrace then view the images as outline and deselect the image it should be easy since it will be shown as a square.

Cheers
Humm... I don't want to have to redraw it (over the template) with my tablet. I'll try Streamline... I do have that app but totally forgot about it.

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2004
UK
In Illustrator CS2, choose Object > Live Trace > Trace and Expand. You can then select the traced outlines and copy them into a new document. You might need to play with the fill and stroke colours (ie remove any fills and apply a thin black stroke so you can see what you're doing.
Not sure what you mean about the letters - you should be able to delete the interior paths if you want to.

Edit - just had to try it out to make sure I wasn't waffling. I've now got a 1.2mB file sitting on my desktop which I can mail you if you want - pm me and tell me what version of illustrator you want it saved in.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
If you want to get really clean type the font is "Lucida Casual-Italic" tweaked a little but thats it.

Attachments

• Lucida Casual Italic.jpg
    Lucida Casual Italic.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 374
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.