Need mac compatible gps unit

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Super20, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Super20 macrumors regular

I want to buy a gps unit, but obviously need one that can interface with a mac. Done some searching, but no one ever had any real answers. Need it for car navigation and also for geocaching. Any ideas on what I can get that will work?

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

I have the same problem. So what I did was buy a cheap PC (I know) and buy Microsoft streets and trips with the USB gps receiver and keep the pc in the car for the trips. Unless you want a handheld on for you dash for your car. I personally like the bigger laptop screen to view the areas of my trip.

3. Super20 thread starter macrumors regular

I think I would like the portability of a handheld model. My brother really wants to get me into geocaching with him. Sounds like fun, but I also want something I can use in the car for voice directions and such. I was looking at the Evesham Navcam 7700 that a guy wants to sell me. I just really wasn't wanting to spend over $150 for a new toy that I'll probably sell on craigslist in a year.

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

It does have this feature, but for what you want portable is better

5. geeyesgee macrumors member

I'm looking for a good GPS unit, too, one that I can use on my bicycle (for long distance touring, not training). Apparently, Garmin has commited to support Macs but I'm not sure how they have followed through with this promise.

6. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

I have a tomtom bluetooth gps widget, came with the navigator software for pocket PC, it functions just fine with Kismac's map system on my powerbook :)

7. CPPhoto macrumors member