Need MacBook 2008 Vista Bootcamp Drivers!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by joehoyle, Oct 31, 2008.

1. joehoyle macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just installed Vista Home Premium 32bit on my Aluminum MacBook, but I do not have my OS X DVD with me, so can't install the Boot Camp Drivers. I found a download somewhere of the drivers, but they were from before the new MacBook was released.

Does anyone know of _anywhere_ I can get my hands on the Vista Drivers? If someone could even upload them somewhere that would be awesome.

Thanks a bunch!

Joe

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You're going to need that OS X disc for now. Someone here might be kind enough to send you a disc image though.

3. Thetacoking2 macrumors member

Is there anyone else that can help, I've been looking for days for them.

4. PresentACat macrumors regular

They are crap anyway, wait until you try using the trackpad, it doesn't respond to gestures that it says work in the bootcamp software, and really couldn't care less what you want to click on. Clicking several times on everything wound me up.

They must not have even quickly tested those Vista drivers.

5. joehoyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, I see. So it seems I can only get the drivers from the Recovery Disk that comes with the new MacBooks. In that case:

Does anyone have their OS X Recovery Disk with them? if so, could you check if the drivers are easily accessible, if so, reply and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks

6. kennyli macrumors regular

Same case here with WinXP!

Try to click on the lower-middle edge, it works better for some reason :confused:

7. jsonli macrumors member

Right-click doesn't even work the way it should.
    I'd also like them to map the multi-touch gestures to functions in Windows.

It almost seems like they dont want your Windows experience to be that good...

8. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You're right, Apple's not trying to give you the same OS X experience on Windows. Running Windows on a Mac is just for convenience so you can run your apps the same way as if you are a physical Windows PC. The multi-touch gestures don't need to be on the Windows side. You only need tap and right-click functionality just as if you were on a Windows machine. Be honest about it, do you really think Apple is going to give you the same OS X functionality on Windows?

For the OP, the drivers are embedded in the Mac OS install disc and are not accessible to drag off the disc.

9. jsonli macrumors member

Right-click doesn't even work - so without a mouse Windows is not even usable.

It's a fine line they are walking I agree.. they'd like to support Windows without going out of their way to make it a great experience.

10. kennyli macrumors regular

Right-click works in WinXP. 2 fingers + click will give you same result of right-click.

11. eman macrumors 6502a

Right click works fine for me. Use two fingers, as suggested by Kennyli.

12. virgomac macrumors member

Only problem I have is with the wireless for vista. I can't get the drivers bootcamp loads to work. Heck it won't even recognize a LAN connection.

Any suggetions?

13. Hyuga macrumors regular

Well, I have always downloaded new Bootcamp version straight from Apple.

http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/ and when it opens, at the right part of the page you can download your prefered version. *drumroll*

14. virgomac macrumors member

Yes, I did install the drivers that came with the Leopard DVD. After reboot, they still listed as unusable in the device manager. Trying to "search" for them, yielded no results, with Vista saying that I already had the most up to date drivers.

That said, I DID figure out the problem. I completely uninstalled the non working drivers from the device manager. THEN I ran the Bootcamp install. It seems, that at least for me, boot camp wasn't updating those drivers like it should.

15. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

I tried installing windows on my MB when I didn't have access to my leopard disc, thinking I could just use this. I realized that installing the downloaded drivers does almost nothing in terms of making stuff work in Vista. Only the drivers the MB leopard disc work (as of now at least).

Those of you having trouble: I recommend uninstalling every driver you can, rebooting, then reinstalling. If that doesn't work, try using system restore to go back to before you added drivers.