Need major help about re-installation of OS X

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Edwardz, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Edwardz macrumors regular

I attempted to re-install my OS X tonight, and I tried to archive one first. It gave me an error when I was doing all of my iLife apps and what not, and told me to try installing again. So I did, and I did again and again and again. Same thing. I then tried to do an uninstall and reinstall, I got the same message right when it was about to finish the garage band demos yet again.
    I have a MBP 2.4 GHZ that cannot even be used at the moment, and it's a scary concept to think about. Please shed some light...

2. Edwardz thread starter macrumors regular

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

4. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

If you have an Apple Store nearby, they have a section within it called the "Genius Bar". Where, pretty much, a genius will try and help you with your problems.

5. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Two problems with the name "genius bar". 1) They give genius status to anyone that can say "We found nothing wrong with it." 2) When I go to a bar, there are generally drinks involved. :)

With all that said, it's still probably your best hope. Sad I know, but that's why we buy macs. :p

6. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Or...completely reformat and reinstall. You have backed up, haven't you?

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Bad idea. It sounds like he's got a hardware problem, which is why the install failed. That's why I'm trying to find out why he attempted the reinstall before giving him any further advice.