Need Maya 2011 help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by larryspeck, May 9, 2011.

1. larryspeck macrumors newbie

I'm a newbee on Maya 2011 and have a basic question, hopefully. I'm trying to use the rotate tool and need to change the pivot point. Since I don't want to move the object but move the pivot point, the "Help" says to press the "Home" key to change the manipulator to a Pivot Point Manipulator and press it again to change it back to the original manipulator when done. That makes sense, but I'm working on a MAC laptop and I don't have a "Home" key! How do I do the same operation another way? Is there just a menu item to click on? I'm sure someone else uses a laptop keyboard that doesn't have "Home" or "End" keys, a numerical keypad, etc.

Thanks for the help.

2. brucem91 macrumors 6502

You need to hold down the "D" key. However, you will only be in change pivot mode while held. Once you let go you are back to regular move mode.

BTW, you should have a equivalent of the "Home-Key". I think "FN + Left Arrow" is the equivalent, but i could be wrong.

3. larryspeck thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, that works great! You were also right about the FN-Left Arrow being the Home key equivalent. Do you know if these equivalent short cuts are actually listed somewhere, just in case I have similar problems later?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.