Need mic suggestions for a 1Gs ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by netrate, Jan 25, 2010.

1. netrate macrumors member

I know I have seen the MacAlly iVoice III, but I was wondering if there are others that will also work with the 1Gs ipod touch phone.
    Also, does it matter which app? Fring? Skype?

2. netrate thread starter macrumors member

sorry if it is a newbie question - there just seems to be a lot info out there, but I am not sure which is accurate.
    I thought I heard that there was a mic/ear piece attachment for it as well - since I now realize there isn't a speaker on it as well.
    Any help would be great.

3. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

my suggestion is to just get a 3rd generation ipod touch.....really.....

i have a 1G ipod touch, but i've been dying to get rid of it for a new version.... but umma wait until tomorrow or march 2010, or sept 2010, if apple releases an ipod touch w/ camera and built in microphone.

4. NathanA macrumors 6502a

See my response(s) to you in your other thread(s). It would probably make sense for you to keep your questions about this subject within one thread, really, since it feels like you are basically asking the same question over and over again. ;)

I will say, in response to your comment about a combination mic+speaker attachment, that if I recall correctly (and it has been a while since I have really been involved in this scene), there have been some people who have tried the combo mic+speaker-through-the-dock-connector attachments, and had more trouble getting them to work with the iPod Touch than the microphone-only models. (One example of such a device is the MacAlly iVoice Pro, I think it's called.) I want to say that either the speaker would work but the Touch would flat-out not detect the microphone, OR that they would both work but there was no way to turn the speaker output off, so you'd get a nasty feedback loop going if you tried to use it with a microphone-aware app.

-- Nathan