NEED MIDI HELP WITH LOGIC PRO X

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Vinnie Ramone, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Vinnie Ramone macrumors newbie

Vinnie Ramone

Hey, all,

I have a question that I hope I am framing correctly.. I use Logic X for my live performances and I use a program called OnStage by Fluqe to create set lists and open and close projects automatically.. It works great, but the one thing this particular version does not do at $99, is allow me to save my setlists. For that I must spend $300 for the upgrade version, which is complete overkill for my needs.. As an aside, their app for Logic 9 cost $20 and allowed you to save your sets...

Anyway.. I want to try another program called Set List Maker.. I have written to the developer and he has told me that his program should be able to open and close projects from the set list, but I need to know what midi command in logic opens a project and what midi command will close one.. Can anyone help?

As ever, thanks in advance..

2. TheTruth101 Suspended

You need to create a set for live shows OR run Ableton Live. And no one better than me can tell you that. I used to play live shows late 80's using Atari ST computers where I was able to hold just 2 songs per floppy disk AND I had to load the sounds of the samplers at the same time while playing.

I have Logic Pro as well. you do not need all that for a live show, unrealistic. Anything can go wrong.

Just have one track with your song bounced and another track with the instrument you want to control and THAT IS IT!

Even Yanny uses 6 different keyboards on stage and guess what? the 6 are playing the same sound at the same time, they are just controllers to one single module that has the splits, period! and he has two more keyboard players that are playing the same thing. Each keyboard player has two keyboards, one piano and another controller with the same setup Yanny has... and that is it!.

3. Vinnie Ramone thread starter macrumors newbie

Vinnie Ramone

Hi, I already use Logic for my live shows and have done so for nearly 10 years. I also am an early pioneer of using an Atari Computer, which at the time was the best computer for midi, back in the 80's and early 90's for performing live and I remember all too well changing the floppy disc.

Logic has never failed me live. All I want to do is replace the program that I currently use -Fluqe OnStage- to make my setlists and automatically close and load the projects on that setlist, with another program that requires that I know what the midi command is in Logic to open and close projects automatically.