Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 19, 2008
I just bought a new Iphone 4 and have about 15 calendars on my Mac and iphone. I only need one and it has gotten all jumbled up. I need a expert to help me get this mess straight. I really need a person willing to allow me to call them via telephone so that it will keep it as simple as possible. I would be willing to pay a small fee for this service as I need this fixed for my job. Anyone willing to help please post here and I will send you my email or figure a way to get phone numbers without posting them all over the net.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 19, 2008
I own a Mac Desktop, Mac Laptop, iPad,and new iPhone 4. I hooked up the new phone and tried syncing it to the devices. Each device was trying to sync and everything got out of hand. I need only 1 calendar for all of my devices and now I have 30. Every time one device syncs, the others wind up with more calendars. I need to have a way to erase all of the calendars on all devices and start fresh with one calendar that is pushed down from Mobile Me to get a fresh start. Even if I had to combine all calendars, I could delete info later. I just need to get the phone, computers etc syncing one calendar and get back on track.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
iCal on one of your Macs is what you're using for your calendar, right?

I only have 1 Mac so I'm wonder if 2 is the wild card and goofing everything up.

You should start with only 1 calendar account set up on the iPad and iPhone and that is MobileMe.

I'm guessing you would go into the secondary Mac and just go into MobileMe and set it up...

Oh, I found this and it should do the trick for you http://tonystocco.com/apple/mobileme/how-to-sync-mobileme-with-a-second-mac

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
so you have 30 duplicate calendars or are you trying to merge the 30 calendars into 1? either way, it should be an easy fix.

manni

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
I'm not sure that trying to set this up today is a good idea. For the first time ever over the last 24hrs I have been let down by mobileme it seems to have all sorts of weird issues logging me out of my macbook and if I enter a calendar item on my iphone it doubles it up to two entries. I assume it will be fixed soon but if it's possible I would avoid trying to set up your devices right now since there are clearly issues with it.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Getting this message when I try to sync my contacts. "Contacts could not be synced due to inconsistent data. Confirm that your computers data is valid then reset contacts on Mobile Me in System Preferences". How do I do this?

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
shut down everything but the imac.

open ical and delete what shouldn't be there.

Now in system preferences, open mobileme

click the sync tab

click advanced

and click reset

now select calender and make sure path follows from imac to cloud (not vice versa).

Click confirm to the warning message.

Once done.

Log into http://www.me.com and verify it's been updated and matches imac's content.

If so turn turn on the macbook.

Upon connection to mobileme, the calender contect on each device is wiped and a fresh copy from the cloud is restored.

u might get a prompt that says more than 20% is changing. ALLOW IT.

Once verified move on to the ipad and then finally the iphone.

No issues hereafter.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
What the above poster said. But remember to unchecked the sync calendar data button during your next iPhone sync. Let MobilwMe push calendar data to the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.