Need Moral Guidance for Selling

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheRiseofTheFal, Jul 31, 2008.

1. TheRiseofTheFal macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

Ok so I just bought a touch for 150 dollars, brand new in the box, the whole shebang...I bought it with only a small chance of maybe using it, I now plan to sell and a guy wants to buy it from me for 250 which I had set as my asking price, I included 2.0 firmware for free which was not on it originally and the firmware itself was only 1.1.2 when I got it so really a 30 dollar hit on me. Should I feel bad for selling it or does my price seem reasonable? By the way I know I may get plenty of haters saying im the worst person on earth, but I just want some input and if you hate me for it voice it positively pleasseee

2. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I mean, if you got it for a good deal, you can sell it for a good deal. $250 is just that if it's barely used, PLUS 2.0 update. How used is this iPod?

3. TheRiseofTheFal thread starter macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

new enough that I had to physically open the wrapping on the box to update the firmware, never used not a refurb, and comes with EVERYTHING

4. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Man, it seems like a good deal to me. Do it.

5. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

So what's the problem here??? I don't get it...

ANY item is worth exactly what somebody else will pay for it. Period. No more, no less. Why is a $100 bill worth $100? It's only a piece of paper with some ink on it. Well, it's worth that much because that's what everybody else THINKS it's worth. So if you've got a guy who is willing to pay $250 for your iTouch, then that's what it's worth. Why is a home on a lake worth $1 million when the identical home facing a garbage dump is worth 1/10 that price? Again, because that's what somebody else is willing to pay for it. This, friend, is the basis of our entire economy and there is nothing wrong with selling a product for what it is worth. :apple:

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

if you have an issue for selling things more than what you paid for it, you do not have a business mindset in our capitalistic society lol

7. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I know I sure as heck don't. And even I feel good about this