Need most recent Apple AirPort Admin Utility

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jack Flash, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

I just got my AirPort Extreme 802.11n used and as it turns out, there was not software installation CD. I searched Apple's site but couldn't find the update from 4.2.3.

Anyone know where I can download this?

2. chriswheat macrumors regular

Unfortunately there is no easy way to just download an update, as I learned when I lost my CD. However, I did work out a solution. Give me a few minutes to remember how it worked and I'll get back to you.

3. chriswheat macrumors regular

Try this:

go to: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/airportbasestationupdate2007001formac.html

Mount the dmg.
    Open the mounted drive in Finder.
    Right click on AirPortBaseStationUpdate2007001.mpkg and select Show Package Contents
    Open the "Contents" folder
    Open the "Packages" folder
    Right click on AirPortUtility.pkg and select Show Package Contents
    Open the "Contents" folder
    Double Click on Archive.pax.gz - this will extract the files from this archive, and on your desktop you should have a folder called "Applications". Inside this folder will be the "Airport Utility".
    Copy it over to your Utilities folder inside of Applications and you'll be all set.
    After you've done this you'll want to run Software Update, which will grab the latest version, since you just extracted the "base" version.

Let me know if this works for you, it's worked for me on several computers since I lost my disk.

4. chriswheat macrumors regular

Good. I'm glad you got it. Didn't realize it was posted already on the internets. :D

5. Jack Flash thread starter macrumors 65816