Need MOVIE Idea for a High School Project..Help!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ipodtouchy333, Sep 10, 2008.

1. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Ok, well this is kind of an odd place to ask this but we have this big "morality/sociology" project coming up and we choose a topic and present it over a few days. I'm just trying to start to think of some ideas but we can show a movie that goes along with what we are doing. I need a few suggestions for my movie/show. Some of the past ones have included Crash and stuff like that. It doesn't have to be PG, ha, but it has to do with a "daily life problem....." Thanks!

2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

3. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Babel is a great movie about personal and local decisions that have global implications, among other things, but it's rated R in the U.S. (13+ here in Quebec).
    Children of Men...but it's also R (oops, a drug scene, totally uninspiring and the user gets killed anyway).
    V is for Vendetta (R for the violence).
    12 Angry Men (Finally, a G rated b&w, 1957, but incredible dialogue about the jurors in a trial)

Actually, depends on what you mean by "daily life".

4. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Make something moving, make a stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN6JZmtstZI

Make something like this into a moving movie. Move some hearts, show your support, and make a stand. One voice may be little, but that voice can be herd.

5. thulsmans macrumors newbie

6. ipodtouchy333 thread starter macrumors 65816

Babel seems to be a pretty good idea, forgot I ever saw that one. Any other suggestions? I was kinda thinking something a little like requiem for a dream, I've never seen it cause I'm not sure if I could handle it let alone showing it in school...bad idea.

7. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

If you show Requiem For a Dream in school, you'll probably find yourself suspended. Jus' sayin'.

Babel's a good one. In fact, I'd recommend any Inarritu film. 21 Grams and Amores perros are both excellent.

Pedro Almodovar has some good options too: Talk to Her, All About My Mother, and Volver.

8. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Remake Ferris Beuller.

Nothing like high school hi-jinx to get 'em riled.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut