Need my stuff off my iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ajamali, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ajamali macrumors member

Hello everybody,

here is my situation. i left my iphone in the rain and now the screen stays black and you cant see anything. i got a replace for it and need to ship it back to verizon soon. all i need is to get my stuff (pictures, songs, videos, contacts) off of it.

i downloaded itunes and contacted the phone via USB but when i click/hold the power button nothing shows up in the itunes and i cant tell if the phone is on or not.

is there any way i cant get that stuff of the phone?

any help is appreciated

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Everything you mentioned should have already been synced and backed up when you had the other phone working. However, you make it sound like you’ve never used iTunes with that phone, which makes no sense, unless the pics you have on the phone are only from the camera roll, the music is only downloaded from the iTunes app on the phone, etc. So, if you’ve never used iTunes to do any backing up, transferring purchases, etc., then you’re SOL, since your phone is water damaged.

You could try drying it out in a bag of rice, but since it’s been on, it’s probably not going to come back to life.

Use this as a learning lesson for your new phone and backup and sync it regularly.

3. ajamali thread starter macrumors member

Yes a very good lesson. Thanks anyway.