Need new Apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theo1972, Sep 18, 2016.

1. theo1972 macrumors newbie

Hi all there
    I used to be mac user from 1993 up to 1999.
    Arter '99 Jobs shutdown all Mac-compatibles changed MacOs (not compatible with older apps) plus no money to purchased in new Mac so turned to Pc. But now i am back i the real word of Macs, so i need to find my previous apps i had. In those years we used the Hotline client to find apps etc.. Is there any place like this or similar to d/l apps plugins xtras etc..

Thanx tons for your help..

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

There is an App Store app built into OSX it should be in the dock,that's the place to start.

3. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

If I remember rightly (and I might not!), Hotline Client was an early p2p file sharing service. So a lot of the software on there would be pirated/cracked. Although torrent sites and clients still exist, I'd strongly suggest that you stick to the app store as suggested. That's the best way to make sure you don't end up accidentally installing anything "nasty" by accident on your Mac, and more importantly, stay the right side of the law.

4. theo1972 thread starter macrumors newbie

THanx tons for your ideas!!! Unfortunatly i dont give a flyin f.. for the law!!
    and of course i will not in my intentions to give my salary to Adobe or to another company. lets take their money from the companies use their apps not from me!!! LOL.
    I will find another solution my friends.

Thanx tons for your time.

5. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

How delightful!

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

hmm...
    You asked about this several years ago, when you were asking about older (MacOS 9) apps.

Your OP in this thread was also asking about finding your old apps.
    Is that still what you want?
    There really is a good (also safe :D ) solution at http://macintoshgarden.org where you can find all kinds of abandonware.
    And, there are selections of older Adobe apps, if that is what you are looking for.
    You won't find anything that will run on newer Macs on that site, and a good place to find a lot of older software that dropped out of sight years ago.
    Maybe you will find what you need there.

Or, if your needs can be satisfied only by P2P methods, then those choices are available, too