need new battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by migdaddy, Apr 27, 2012.

1. migdaddy macrumors 6502

Anyone know of a quality battery for my old A1150? OEM was fried, so I bought one off ebay and within a year it only last about 20 mins when fully charged. :eek:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoff" batteries. Also, there is no assurance that knockoff batteries have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board.

Battery Replacement
    Replacing the built-in battery in your MacBook Pro
    Replacing the Battery in your MacBook Air
    Intel-based Apple Portables: How to replace or service a built-in battery

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks...but I also dont wanna spend $130 on a battery. I was hoping I could spend like $50 for a non OEM battery, but something that would last over an hour. Im jealous because my dads air and my sisters new pro last for like 6 hours.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You get what you pay for. If you want to go cheap, expect cheap results. $130 is a small price to pay to protect a $2000 computer.

5. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

This is the old macbook pro from 2006. I bought it for $250 from a friend. But I hear what your saying. But im amazed at how flawless this laptop still is. After 6 years, it seems brand new, besides the battery. Gotta love Apple!