Need new earphones...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by viperGTS, Oct 27, 2012.

1. viperGTS, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012

viperGTS macrumors 65816

Well my official apple earphones gave out, so now I'm in the market for new ones. I was considering EarPods (I was very happy with the audio quality of the original earphones btw) but I wont pay over $30 for a new pair of ear/headphones.

Do you guys have any suggestions for which set I should buy? :eek:

EDIT: Sennheiser's look pretty good and most are $35 or below for earbuds. What do you guys think? Particularly the mx 270, great reviews on Amazon and they look the most comfortable to me. Lol.

2. golfgrouch, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

golfgrouch macrumors member

Your question is best answered at an audio forum like this.

3. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

What's wrong with buying a pair of Apple earbuds for $10? If you liked them until now, you'll still like another pair of it.
    Though the Apple EarPods are $29 with free shipping, which should fit you <$30 bill. :)

4. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I've never been a fan of earbuds but I like the set shipped with the I5.

At work I use a set of noise cancelling Bose headphones, but that doesn't fit your budget.

5. Nhwhazup, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I never used the ones that came with my iPhone 4S. Still have the wrapper on them. If you want them I'll happily send them to you for free. PM me.

6. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

the earpods are totally worth that cost. If you're listening alot , then I recommend it.

7. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the link!
    The original apple earbuds break too easily in my opinion...
    Will do! Thank you :)
    I don't listen a lot really... But I was considering them!

8. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The ones that came with my iPhone 4 made a rattle-y noise, Apple replaced them no questions asked. I used the replaced ones a lot, until they got stolen with my iPad. They still looked and sounded like new after a year of usage, so I don't really share that opinion.
    The Apple In-Ears I'm using now sound better then the earbuds, but they lack the bass, which was more pronunciated in the earbuds.
    I'm still waiting until mid-December for my EarPods to try out, but I don't think that they'll disappoint me.

9. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Skullcandy FMJ's on sale on ebay right now for $20. Hard to beat that price.