Need New Hardrive for white MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by marddin, May 29, 2009.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

My harddrive recently gave out in my year and a half old white macbook. I was wondering if anybody had any references to good hard drives or hard drives that have a history of doing well with the white MacBook.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

why dont you take it to apple. i took mine and they replaced it for free. get down there!
    just make sure you say that you didnt drop it

3. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

His is a year and half old, which means unless he bought apple care for it, it won't be covered.

4. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

exactly, or i wouldn't have posted this.

Now, does anybody have any suggestions fo compatible good hard drives, no more than 100GB is what I need.

5. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

6. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

500gb for $90:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16822152168

I never understood why people want to install such puny drive replacements. If you're going through the trouble... just install the maximum size there is and get it over with.

And as far as reliablitity for any certain brand... I've used them all and the failure rate for any brand seems to depend on which disgruntled Shanghai sweatshop worker assembled it.

7. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

I replaced my Apple Fujitsu hard drive with a 320 GB 7200 rpm Fujitsu drive. It cost me about $80. Computer runs a bit faster now, although the battery life is shorter.

I agree that it's good to get a solid replacement instead of a small drive that is stop-gap. I am very much enjoying more space right now.