Need new headphones for 3G.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by definitive, Sep 26, 2009.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

My regular iPhone 3G headphones bit the dust (one side was really quiet, and today it finally stopped working). Can anyone please recommend me some new in-hear headphones/earbuds that come with a mic like the ones that Apple sells for around $50? I used search function and only saw one from Sennheiser which I think was IP50, but they're around $80.

2. ZipZap macrumors 601

JFC HAFX66-R

Good sounce, and cheap with free shipping at Buy.com

3. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

do they come with a microphone?

i was hoping more people would reply. i can't imagine everyone still using the default apple headset...

4. lollicup macrumors regular

are they still under warranty ( they carry the same 1 year warranty as the iPhone does)

you can always try to fix them by changing the earbuds ( there's a guy who put JVC marshmallow earbuds on his 2g headset)

5. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

No, they're not. Is there a link to the mod? I can't seem to find it. Hopefully it's the earbud that's damaged and not the wire. I wouldn't mind swapping them out even to see if it would work.

6. hushmartin macrumors 6502

I just ordered some earbuds from Amazon, they have a mic and the Tapline 3 button controls to control song selection, volume and calls. They were under 40 bucks with shipping. (FYI, I believe the full functionality of the tapline-- volume specifically-- only works on the 3GS iPhone).

here's a link to what I bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002E9HB3O/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

This is the only set of earbuds with tapline controls I could find for under 100 bucks, those being the Klipsch ones. I can update on how they are working out after they are delivered Monday.

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

No Mic for the JVC.

Moda Vibe 2 for iphone have mic.

Also you can find headset extension cables on ebay that will add a volume control and a mic to any headset.

8. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

eh... not my cup of tea. i guess i'll have to be on the lookout for the sennheiser 50ip when they'll be on sale.

i saw several of them being sold on ebay for really cheap, but they ship from hong kong, and i don't know if they're knockoffs or not. anyone know?

9. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

worked great w/ my original iphone. upgraded to the 3gs and now the mic doesnt work in calls and the single button works intermittently now (apple store description says they work, but dont)...

10. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Okay, so I got the Scosche headphones from Amazon. Sound is good, not fantastic. Bass a bit weak, but the EQ helps a bit. The tapLINE controls work perfect. The mic works well, clear audio, voice recognition works good, volume and song skip functions all work well.

Bottom line: If you want fully featured earbuds for your iPhone at under 50 bucks, these are the ones to get, but obviously the sound isn't going to be like Bose or Klipsch...and neither is the price. I would definitely buy them again.