Need new MacBook pro now.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ncoflin, Sep 22, 2013.

1. ncoflin macrumors newbie

I am in need of a new macbook pro. I am aware that it is highly speculated that the new 2013 version will be announced and released in October. However, I really need one now. With my student I can get one for right at about 999.99.

Would the comparable one speculated to be released in October be sold for the exact same price at the 2012 versions are now?

Is that how it has worked in the past when new models were released?

I would like to know because then I will feel kinda cheated if I purchase the 2012 version now for the same price i'd be able to snag a newer version for in less than a month. If it will be more expensive, i won't feel bad because the 2012 models are still excellent machines.

I know it's a total novice question, I am just new to the macbook market and really have no idea.

Thanks

2. borgqueens macrumors member

borgqueens

I surpose it a 13" Retina MacBook Pro you are looking at.
    It is most expected the price will be the same or drop down by perhaps 100$ cheaper.

No one knows when it will release but october is a good bet. We do know the 13" will enjoy a good graphics increase from the current 13". And longer battery life.

But I do not think the chance for price increase is very high. The 15" rMBP might get a price increase if Apple keeps the dGPU

3. hachiman macrumors regular

Hold off your purchase until the new models are released in October. You don't need a laptop that desperately. Not every college students have a laptop, even if you're in the computer major. Use the library/computer lab in the meantime. No, you don't really need one now. You want one now.

:)

4. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Or just buy it and return it within 30 days if you're that concerned. Waiting based on rumors will eat you up though.

5. hachiman macrumors regular

The library has free laptops you can borrow for the duration of the semester if you must (Depends on your school). It may be older but it is perfectly sufficient. Just trying to save you from buyers remorse and your impatience.

6. Mortis360 macrumors member

If you need it right now, go buy it. If you don´t need it now, or within a month, wait.

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Just wait for new Haswell based MBP. Apple is testing your patience. :apple: