Need new router, can I wait for Time Capsule?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Kinetic, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Kinetic macrumors member

Well my crappy linksys router just died. I was planning on replacing it because I think that was preventing my Macs from seeing my AppleTV and I wanted to get Time Capsule. So now, I don't know what to do as it looks like Time Capsule won't be available until end of Feb (and I'm betting won't be in stores or shipping until March) Ugh! Maybe I try and find a cheap router to get by and then later when I get TC just use the TC for N devices and it for my non-G devices? Anyone got any suggestions?

2. chrisgeleven macrumors 6502

Check on return policies, you can probably buy a cheap router and return it within 30 days, which should cover when Time Capsule is released.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm sure you'd be fine without a router at all.

4. Kinetic thread starter macrumors member

It'll probably kill my lazy butt. I'm so spoiled now with having my laptop in bed and surfing the net and checking email. I'm trying to find out if one of my friends has an extra one. (Plus I really want to play with my new AppleTv that I just got yesterday. :D)

5. Kinetic thread starter macrumors member

Now that's an idea. I'd feel crappy (but if it were some place like Best Buy, who deserve it, then maybe I'd get over it. :D) Thanks!