Need Note Taking App to share with wife

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ralphdaily, Jul 27, 2015.

1. ralphdaily macrumors regular

I am trying to find a simple easy to launch note taking app that I can use and my wife can view & perhaps edit also. This would be many, quick, spur of the moment items to make note of. We are on same network, have different Apple IDs, and both have macs and iPads. Preferably the solution would run on both macs and iPads. Notes would work but it does not have family sharing.

Maybe google docs or Office would work, but those are a little cumbersome to launch quickly. Reminders has family sharing but isn't really right format. Any third party solutions that could sync? Ralph

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

OneNote allows sharing and has turned into quite a good multi-platform tool.

3. c55 macrumors regular

c55

Evernote is my favorite note taking/checklist making app by far. The UI is very sleek and easy to use, everything can be put in folders based on topic or whatever. Even has a Notification Center widget to quickly type something and it will sync with all of your devices. create an account and download the app to your iPads, macs, and anything else using the same account and it will sync together instantaneously.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Avocado is a nifty app for couples

Somehow we got grandfathered into an unlimited free status. But the free rdition might offer enough.

Otherwise, as previously mentioned, Onenote.

5. apple-ette macrumors member

6. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

7. ralphdaily thread starter macrumors regular

I'm an Evernote premium user but wasn't able to find an easy way to share with wife. Evernote seems to be single user. I would be willing to buy her a license if she could see my stuff.

8. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Evernote definitely allows sharing - I would try that first if you are already a user. I have used Evernote for years now, but always felt like OneNote had the better UI, and lately it has been advancing much faster than Evernote.

9. ralphdaily thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I'll figure out sharing on Evernote and use that since I am already user.