Need noter taking help with Air 2

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Check 6, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Check 6 macrumors regular

I like the size of my air 2 but would like the ability to handwrite notes and have them transcribed to text. I have tried various note aps and styles but am getting frustrated. Currently have a "Dot Pen" Stylis and have tried ever note, Apple notes, notability and now notes plus. The biggest issue is it appears that the Air 2 does not have the "palm rejection" feature of the iPad Pro and thus writing left handed I have problems with the electronic paper moving. Anyone have suggestions other than getting an iPad Pro

2. Check 6 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I know that it is NOTE not NOTER, just getting over dental surgery and at over 70 the recovery is longer so typing mistakes get more frequent ... I miss FOOD!

3. GerritV macrumors 65816

I'm not familiar with the iPad Pro, but AFAIK palm rejection can also be supported by the app at hand.
    Notability and Notes Plus have a palm rest that you can pull up from below, thus creating a zone where you can rest your hand while writing.
    I'm using GoodNotes, that allows for a left handed person to define his writing position.
    Transcribe handwriting to text is a bit cumbersome, in a sense that you have to select your scribbles, have them converted and next copy-paste the result. Furthermore, you can set a certain stylus sensibility for maximum confort.

4. Check 6 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, trying to avoid the iPad pro only because of size and taking noes in meetings by typing is not working for me age and arthritis