Need notes program that will stick notes to document or window

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CyberCrone, Dec 12, 2011.

1. CyberCrone macrumors newbie

CyberCrone

Odd that there are so many note programs for Mac but I can't find one that says it will stick notes to a specific document or window, like Notezilla does in Windows. Have I missed something?

2. CyberCrone thread starter macrumors newbie

CyberCrone

Attach notes to windows and documents?

It's been more than a year since I first posted this query, to which I got no answers. Things change a lot in the course of a year, so I thought I'd try again:

I'm wondering why there are still no 'notes' applications that will attach notes to a document or window, like Notezilla does under Windows. (Or have I missed something in spite of intensive searching?) Notezilla is a major tool for me and I'm extremely dependent on it, so the lack of an equivalent on the Mac keeps me tied to my PC when otherwise I'd much rather work on my Mac Mini.

Attaching notes to docs/windows seems like such an obvious major 'must' feature that I am figuring there must be something about the Mac architecture that prevents doing this or at least makes it horrendously difficult to accomplish. Can one someone explain this to me in language a non-geek can understand? Or is there in fact such an app and I've managed to miss it?

3. Virtual Steve macrumors member

Yep, you missed it. It's in your Applications folder, and it's called ... Stickies:

Mac OS X Stickies

4. CrickettGrrrl, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013

CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

You can also use Preview. Open a file in Preview and click on the Annotate button in the top menu bar. Then at the bottom of the window click on the note icon and type:

(Note that it will add notes to PDFs not .docs or images. For images you can add a text box directly on the image, not always ideal, so Stickies would be better.)

Attached Files:

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I've only "stuck" Stickies notes on my Desktop. This is what the link you posted says:

I don't think that's quite what the OP is looking for, and I don't know of an app that does what is being asked.

6. Virtual Steve macrumors member

Well, then I guess the OP will need to be a little more specific. Here's what he posted originally:

And here's the description from the Notezilla web site:

Notezilla is a sticky notes app for Windows designed to keep you well-equipped & well-organized. It lets you take quick notes on 3M Post-It® Notes like sticky notes, right on your Windows desktop.

Sounds like Stickies to me :)

7. dailyazna macrumors newbie

Notezilla is a major tool for me and I'm extremely dependent on it[​IMG]

8. Gregg2 macrumors 603

@Virtual Steve: I'm a literalist (is that a word) so I'd say that the description of Notezilla that you posted is not the same as what the OP described. I'm not a Notezilla user, so that description is all I had to go on.