I am a music producer and have been trying to talk myself into buying a 17" Macbook Pro. Currently I use a 17" HP Pavilion dv7-4173us (2.2ghz AMD Phenom II quad, 8GB RAM, 750GB HD 7200rpm) to produce at home, and a 13" Black Macbook to play my music live at Clubs/Shows. I am tired of worrying if my Macbook can make it through the whole show without any problems or skips in the music due to the performance of the computer. Since I cannot take my HP on the road due to constant midi controller issues with PC's, my macbook is my only choice right now. By next week, I will have the money for the base model 17" Macbook Pro, and I have some concerns about spending all the money then running into problems and sending myself into a buyers remorse trip. Here are my concerns: 1. The heat issues with the current MBP's. My HP runs at 40c on Idle and 85c on dual monitor full load with all 4 cpu cores at 100% and my gpu is only a Radeon HD 4250 128mb shared. From what I have read, the MBP will idle at 60c and get up to 95c at full load. the 95c at full load is what concerns me because many peoples definition of "full load" is nothing compared to what I juice out of a computer. When Its already anywhere from 75-90f in a club or an outside venue, If the MBP runs at 95c in a controlled climate, I would hate to see what would happen. 2. Right now I consider my black Macbook to have a glossy screen, but from what people said, the glass cover on the glossy MBP is way more glossy than the Macbooks. While in a club, the lighting is very dim, Outside venues can be very bright. Would it be beneficial to pay more for the Anti-Gloss even though I hate the way the anti-gloss looks? I rarely play in outdoor venues and even when I do, my Macbook's screen doesn't bother me. (I understand this is a personal opinion) I would like some input from people that use their MBP's outside. The Gloss screen reflections do not bother me, due to being used to it with my HP, but I'm concerned about the degree of the gloss and not being able to see outside. 3. My third concern would be about the new Ivy Bridge 2012 MBP's. I am ready to buy the 2011 MBP, but also am wondering if I should try not to spend the money and wait 4-6 months. (could get a lot of work done in that time) The Ivy Bridge would be nice due to faster clock, and cooler temps, but I dont really want to wait on it due to I'm afraid of loosing the ODD option and also afraid that I wont like the new body style. I really dont want to pack around a external optical drive and rather have it built in. (already have too much equipment) 4. How hard is it to replace the Hard drive in the unibody MBP's? From the looks of them, there is no battery covers or anything that makes it easier to replace and not have to crack the case open. I will be wanting to put my 600GB SSD from my Macbook over to the new MBP I will be purchasing. (formatted of coarse) Luckly I will be using the education discount and the 17" model will only be 2299$ new. I have also though about just getting a 27" iMac, but Im afraid its going to be a pain in the arse trying to tote that thing to shows. In your opinion, should I wait for Ivy Bridge and risk loosing the ODD or not having the money, or should I go ahead and buy the current MBP and having everything I want (except for dual external monitor support)... I guess if the new Ivy Bridge comes out and I really want it, I could try to sell the Sandy to someone and buy the Ivy. Sorry for the Novel, but I appreciate your input.