Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Henry Foster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2016
Hey guys, so I posted about this a while back and it would be awesome to get your opinions on the product I just launched on Wednesday called the Tape Cable. It is a retractable cable that is nearly 6.5 feet and has a pretty sweet look. Great for people that are continuously on the go like myself. Feel free to check it out at TheTapeCable.com and let me know your thoughts, certainly up to listen to any suggestions!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I've used those before, on a variety of devices. I think the first one I had was an ethernet patch cable, probably 15 years ago, but I have also used USB power cables, too. I do like the idea, but the retractor case is too bulky for me.
Plus, I usually use a 10 ft wire, so even if you sold that length, the retractor case would be way too big, so not portable enough for me.
10 ft length is quite neat in a loose loop, controlled with a hair "scrunchy". Works great for me, without needing the bulk of the retractor reel.
Just my 2¢

Reactions: Henry Foster

Henry Foster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2016
I've used those before, on a variety of devices. I think the first one I had was an ethernet patch cable, probably 15 years ago, but I have also used USB power cables, too. I do like the idea, but the retractor case is too bulky for me.
Plus, I usually use a 10 ft wire, so even if you sold that length, the retractor case would be way too big, so not portable enough for me.
10 ft length is quite neat in a loose loop, controlled with a hair "scrunchy". Works great for me, without needing the bulk of the retractor reel.
Just my 2¢
Thank you I appreciate it!

ipulsecases

Suspended
Dec 9, 2016
DFW,Texas
Hey guys, so I posted about this a while back and it would be awesome to get your opinions on the product I just launched on Wednesday called the Tape Cable. It is a retractable cable that is nearly 6.5 feet and has a pretty sweet look. Great for people that are continuously on the go like myself. Feel free to check it out at TheTapeCable.com and let me know your thoughts, certainly up to listen to any suggestions!
Where , been a long time business owner , i think this cable works good . But in the market ,if you search online (amazon , ebay and more ) , you will find out there is more cables like this with a incredible low price

You better find a way to stand out with those .

These are my 2 cents .
[doublepost=1481479600][/doublepost]
Is it MFi Certified?
I don't think he will get the MFI for now .

If you want to get it from apple , you need to have a company , you need to have a office , and you also need to provide more details about you and your business , like your Trademark

the quickest way is Finding a manufactory who is long term MFI partner , then they can help you register your brand and your company .

To be honest , you still can buy the pins with MFI function , but not really MFI , Apple won't know it .

corys00

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Price isn't bad and I like the end lighting up when charging. When you get MFI certified, I'll definitely be interested.

Reactions: Henry Foster

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
On the product page, it says it's the longest lightning cable in existence? o_O
Right, a simple search brings up a 10 foot retractable lightning cable

There's probably other suppliers out there with that length, maybe longer. Of course, length is not always a good thing with data/charging cables - gotta watch out for that dreaded voltage drop! I imagine that the lights on that cable may not work well at longer lengths, either.
So, OP could correct that advert to "Longest lightning cable that we offer" :D

Henry Foster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2016
Is it MFi Certified?
The prototype one supplied by the manufacturer was, however the Tape Cable is not.
[doublepost=1481588541][/doublepost]
Where , been a long time business owner , i think this cable works good . But in the market ,if you search online (amazon , ebay and more ) , you will find out there is more cables like this with a incredible low price

You better find a way to stand out with those .

These are my 2 cents .
[doublepost=1481479600][/doublepost]
I don't think he will get the MFI for now .

If you want to get it from apple , you need to have a company , you need to have a office , and you also need to provide more details about you and your business , like your Trademark

the quickest way is Finding a manufactory who is long term MFI partner , then they can help you register your brand and your company .

To be honest , you still can buy the pins with MFI function , but not really MFI , Apple won't know it .
Thank you for your input, truly appreciate it and understand the competitions low prices. That's why I was focusing on branding and length. Now, however I was just notified by someone in this forum that there are 10' ones available haha oops
[doublepost=1481588603][/doublepost]
Right, a simple search brings up a 10 foot retractable lightning cable

There's probably other suppliers out there with that length, maybe longer. Of course, length is not always a good thing with data/charging cables - gotta watch out for that dreaded voltage drop! I imagine that the lights on that cable may not work well at longer lengths, either.
So, OP could correct that advert to "Longest lightning cable that we offer" :D
Thank you guys, I appreciate the info and will certainly take this into consideration haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.