Need opinions please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DashSatan, Mar 29, 2011.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

Okay so I'm torn. First off is it official that iPhone 5 will not be announced at WWDC? Because here's my delimma, I need a new phone do I get the 4 right now or tough it out and see if the 5 will make at least a September release. Honestly I just want a release ha because that way I'll at least know when haha

2. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

It's not official. Wait until June to see what happens. You'll kick yourself if you don't, because everyone else will have the snazzy new iPhone 5 and you'll be stuck in a 2 year contract.

Just wait. You can do it.

3. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

The iPhone 5 will be announced at WWDC and I'm sure a release date, or at least a specific time frame will be set.

I'd say to wait if you can. At least until WWDC.

4. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

You really think it'll be announced at WWDC? Because right now it seems like all signs are pointing to no.

5. Jeremy08 macrumors regular

I just ordered 2 black iphones, one for my gf and one for me. The question I have is do you guys think that we will see a white iphone in the next 14 days? The reason i say 14 days, is because that is the time period we have to return the **unopened** iphones to verizon without suffering a restocking fee. I know obviously NO ONE except top execs know this, but do you see this as feasible? Should we return the phones and wait it out, or just go with the black? The only reason we aren't waiting for the iphone 5 is because we are unsure of the release date with the recent rumors. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

What are the "all signs pointing to no"? Nothing but rumors, which I would ignore. At this point I would wait.

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

It's all speculation. Nothing official has been released from Apple.

9. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

At this point I'd definitely wait it out to WWDC as well.

10. Macgeeza macrumors regular

Apple won't say there is going to be a new iPhone 5 because they want to sell as many iPhone 4 as they can, if I needed a new phone I would def wait until June and get the new model.

11. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Tough one. If you're absolutely dying to get the 4, then just get it. Otherwise, I'd stick it out, even if it means it'll be delayed 3-6 months from the projected summer launch.

12. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

just wait it out. if a new iPhone is announced and you already got something else, you'll be so mad at yourself for not waiting. if you do wait and there isn't a new phone announced, then just do what you're planning on doing

13. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

okay then let me ask you guys this. I really love the look and really everything the iPhone 4 has to offer. I know this is COMPLETELY speculation, but what do you think we'll see differenly in the 5 other then the possibility of being on the LTE network? Cause if there isn't really going to be much change in the hardware then I'll probably just jump on the iPhone 4 bandwagon cause it'll get the iOS update anyway.

14. Vertigo50, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011

Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Dude, you're going to be SOOOOOOOOO pissed if the iPhone 5 comes out in June. Why did you buy them now?

On the other hand you could be an adult who can delay instant gratification, NOT get the candy even though you want it RIGHT NOW, and ultimately, be much happier.

But I definitely think you should just foster your inner 3-year old and get the iPhone 4 right this very minute. :rolleyes:

15. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

How can a product that hasn't been announced have an official announcement date?

16. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Well if they don't announce it at wwdc then they will have to hold another event in say September. If they hold off till then, the iPhone will have to be available as fast as possible after the event (say that week, not in a month). Plus they are rearranging there whole scedual of refreshes (unless they decide to just combine the iPod and iPhone events). So I'm guna say a basic announcement at wwdc and it will be available in September. It's a little farfetched but I don't think it will be as simple as one or the other this time.

17. Ponderous macrumors regular

You can still return in the 14 days if it's opened and just pay the $35 per phone restocking fee. I'm not a fan of white IMO. Keep the black.

18. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

For the love of god, can we please sticky a thread of "Should I wait for iPhone 5 or get a current iPhone 4?" and let these people look and see that thread to answer their question?

Rather boring seeing so many posters start their own threads asking the same question 5-10 times a day.

19. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I also don't understand how these people function in everyday life. Do you ask everyone what kind of coffee you should get? Which bus to take? What to eat for lunch? I make my decisions on personal preference, experience, and research, but I guess even that is asking too much out of people these days.

20. LunarFalcon macrumors member

To the OP, what kind (if any) of phone do you have currently?

21. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

Moto droid 1

22. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

Damn you're right. Buying a coffee is the exact same as buying a 200$ device, how could I not have seen that one.

23. LunarFalcon macrumors member

In that case, I'd wait and see what happens. If you had a really crappy phone, then I'd think it would be better to go ahead and buy now. Just my 2 cents

24. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Pay more attention next time.

Seriously, you're acting like this is an iPhone forum. Where members should post questions / get answers and help each other out. Oh wait it is..

If your phone is fully functional I'd say wait. The only time we get official info is on the day of the WWDC. Anything else is just speculation.

Based off the fact that we have had a new iPhone the same timeframe year after year. I'm going with that and thinking we'll see a new phone this year. At a minimum I think there would at least be a storage increase. I'm betting new phone though.

25. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Isn't asking a forum of 500,000+ a good way to gain some experience and conduct research?

Not everyone has the same level of knowledge about the iPhone, Apple's typical product patterns, or the other factors that determine what to do in this case.

This purchase will cost the OP $300 at the point of sale (1 iPhone, taxes, and activation fee) plus up to $720 in data over the course of 2 years. It's not a decision to be made lightly.

OP, I would wait. I'm not putting much stock into the rumors of delay. My suspicion is that bloggers and speculators have been looking for leaks and haven't found them this year (people will remember the strange stories from a few months ago that seemed like intentional leaks, almost like Apple was trying to trace the source of rumors), and that's why the assumption now is that the iPhone 5 is delayed.

However, I wouldn't expect much from the iPhone 5 either. It will probably be a modest bump in specs plus a white option and possibly more storage. It isn't going to be as great of a change as the iPhone 4, but it will probably be a slightly smoother iOS experience, much like the transition from the iPhone 3g to 3gs.