Need opinions: Should online delivery dates jump while completing Upgrade Application?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NJRonbo, Sep 18, 2016.

1. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

Just want to gauge some opinions here as I have been arguing with Apple execs over the past few days as to the sloppy manner in which they handled online preorders of the iPhone 7.

I was lucky enough to get into the App store the moment it opened on September 9th, around 3:10am EST.

I immediately placed a 256GB Jet Black phone into my cart. The delivery date given was September 16th.

I filled out an application for the Upgrade Program. By the time I finished and submitted that application, the delivery date for the iPhone jumped to October 10-17. A full four week jump forward.

Talking to Apple Execs (as I had written letters to their team), they claim that no promised date of delivery is concrete until the order is submitted in its finality.

My argument was that at the point the order was placed in my cart, I had a promise of launch day delivery and that should have been held in queue until I finished my application, which was only 4 minutes total.

Who is technically right here?

Please, no scathing replies are necessary. I am involved in a dispute with Apple over their handling of orders like these and I want to make certain I am legitimately correct.

Thank you in advance!

2. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Same happend to me,before I started the application,I had a September 16th date,as soon as I was done with the application which took maybe 2 minutes as I had autofill fill everything in my dates jumped to October 4th-10th. As I can see why they say your order isn't locked in until it's submitted,I don't see the harm on holding the order for people like us doing the application process,and for people that get rejected just release the phone back to inventory. This could all be solved as well if apple just let people get approved for the program before hand so all they have to do is just log in,selected the phone they got approved for and check out. Just my thoughts.