Need passcode to connect iPhone to iTunes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vegastouch, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

A co-worked gave me an iPhone he bought from somebody so i can unlock it for him via pwnage. When i try to do it, it brings up iTunes saying it needs a passcode to be able to use iTunes with it. It also doesnt have a sim card in it so how would you enter a passcode since it only will allow for emergency calls in that state?

Anybody know a way to get around this?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. Vegastouch thread starter macrumors 603

Vegastouch

He got it from somebody he doesnt know from craigslist. Im thinking the guy doesnt know it which leads me to believe it wasnt his if you know what i mean.

Just wondering if there is a way around it. If not im just going to give it back to him and tell him is is SOL. I just thought you could put it in DMF mode, or whatever that mode is called or something to get around it. I forget how to even out it in that mode from the phone.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

What happens when you put it in DFU or Recovery mode?

5. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

sound stolen to me ( you can be held responsible for helping with illegal activities you know )

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I would only say it was stolen if the craigslist seller can't give him the passcode. I'm also going on the assumption that he's a regular at the forums and not some newbie. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, but not the seller.

7. Vegastouch thread starter macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Im assuming it was stolen since the guy didnt mention a passcode to him but dont really know.
    Anyways i put it in DFU mode and restored it and then unlocked it & did a jailbreak. He is going to use a AT&T sim in it anyways which he said a buddy has an extra line and he will pay him to use the card so he didnt need it unlocked but didnt find that out till after i did it and then called to tell him it was done.

He wanted it jailbroken though. Anyways thanks for the input. First time ive dealt with a phone with a passcode. Not that ive done many of these but ive helped out a few buddies.

8. MacMane macrumors regular

so no one knows how to get around this (passcode to connect to iTunes)?

9. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

10. MacMane macrumors regular

i apologize. im a noob. how would i go about getting it into DFU mode? and getting it back to regular mode also..

11. ckourlio macrumors newbie

12. MacMane macrumors regular

if i put the phone in DFU mode, will i have to jailbreak my phone again? cuz i dont know how someone did it for me.

13. MacMane macrumors regular

never mind. i dont know what i did but my phone let me sync to itunes without the passcode. everything is awesome now. ill be using this site for tweaks and tips thanks for the info guys. i already know not to download the upgrade.

14. Vegastouch thread starter macrumors 603

Vegastouch

You CAN do that and it will still be unlocked but you will have to jailbreak it again.

15. MacMane macrumors regular

my phone is unlocked without a sim card cover (turbosim, smartsim, etc.) so if i download the upgrade from itunes will it mess my phone up?

16. calvy macrumors 65816

Someone is a little green to this here forum thing.