Phones Need phone for wife - G2?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by BigRed1, Mar 19, 2015.

1. BigRed1 macrumors 6502

My wife's iPhone 4 is nearly dead. I can't afford a new iPhone. We are on T-Mobile in the us. I need to get her a new phone soon. I was thinking about getting the lumia 640 when it comes out, but I don't know if she's going to balk on wp8 or 10.

T-Mobile is offering the G2 for $254. Seems like a good price for a recent flagship device. My wife won't buy any used phones anymore and we need WiFi calling because we have almost no signal in our house, so I can't get anything unlocked like the moto g.

I'd appreciate any advice.

I think all she needs is good GPS, Facebook, a decent camera, and gmail.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

G2 is a decent phone still, good camera and great battery life.

3. Fireblade macrumors 65816

Fireblade

True that, I am using my G2 since 18 months now, and this means a LOT.

Wife owns a white G2 and is very happy with it, she had a iPhone 4s before .

4. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

G2 works just fine. I think online might offer newer ones for a tad bit more if the $252 price tag is for a used/refurb model. I think the HTC One M7 is also a good model to purchase online as well. If she's familiar with an iPhone, I found the iPhone 5C on sale for $200 on eBay for a refurb. Mine came with a warranty and it works very well except the battery life isn't the greatest since it's an iPhone and I have weak signal at home. Nevertheless, good options to purchase for Wi-Fi calling from what other alternatives I listed. Try Swappa.com as well for new/refurbs.

5. BigRed1 thread starter macrumors 6502

The 5c would be the other option I was considering, but she's reluctant on used/refurbs and it's too much new.

Thanks for the input.